Earp Distribution, whose official name is Earp Meat Company, was founded by Don and Marie Earp and originated as a partnership in 1954 that sold quality fresh meat to restaurants, hotels, and institutions in the Greater Kansas City area. The company was incorporated in 1967, with all stock being owned by the Earp Family. The company is in its third generation of ownership; currently being led by Cliff Earp.
In 1962, the Company began selling
fresh hamburger to two McDonald’s restaurants in
In 1972, the Company started
servicing McDonald’s restaurants in
On October 1, 1974, Earp
Distribution sold its fresh meat business and building at
In 1998 the company began delivering
to Chipotle restaurants in the
In October, 1984 our distribution center at 6550 Kansas Ave, Kansas City, Kansas, became operational. It was expanded to meet customer needs thru the years, but in 2008 it was determined we would need a larger facility. Through 2008, the company serviced 420 McDonald’s and 50 Chipotle’s from this location.
In August of 2011, we completed our move to our new 184,000+ square foot facility located at 2730 South 98th St, Edwardsville, Ks. There are future expansion capabilities in our new center. The center has a flow thru design to increase productivity, an energy efficient design with an energy management system, an ammonia refrigeration system, and an onsite emergency generator backup. Our physical plant consists of a 20,000 sq ft freezer, a 17,000 sq ft cooler, a 26,000 sq ft cold dock, 67,000 sq ft of dry storage, 18,000 sq ft office area, and a 14,000 sq ft truck maintenance garage.
Earp Distribution continues to look forward to the challenges of expansion, is proud and appreciative of its association with McDonald’s and its growing relationship with Chipotle. The purpose of the company is to deliver frozen, refrigerated, dry and promotional products to our restaurants as well as provide added value services to ease the burden of the restaurant managers.